What's special about it?
Its my first 100% custom robot, no to Very little c and p
Great, I want to try it. Where can I download it?
How competitive is it?
I would like to think its better then Tyrra now, dispite still losing to it.
How does it move?
It Wavesurfs, using my own special blend.
How does it Aim?
It uses a rather advanced guessfactor gun.
It uses wavesurfing most the time, sometimes it just stops (donno why) which throws off some good advanced targeting.
How does the melee strategy differ from one-on-one strategy?
Erm, hmm good question.
How does it select a target to attack/avoid in melee?
I guess it would surf the last wave it detected.
What does it save between rounds and matches?
It saves data between rounds.
It did save surfing databetween rounds, but I turned that off for now.
Where did you get the name?
Same place I got the colors for it, from my system background at the time of its making. Interesting how that turns out huh.
Can I use your code?
Sure, its in the jar, released under the RWPCL
What's next for your robot?
- Fix the annoying seizures it has sometimes (movement stops)
- Segment the movement better.
- Fix up the gun more, as it currently is worse then my original Velshea prototype. Perhaps add in a Virtual Bullet array, witha anti-surfer gun.
Ha, may the Lump
fear it well!
What other robot(s) is it based on?
I got a few ideas from many bots. But I do have have the nearHalfPI?
function from Komarious in her. It was a little more effective then my own.
- Fixed a few minor movement bugs
- 1.0.0 - Rating: 1855.1 +61.5 (50th)
- 0.4.4 - Rating: 1793.6 +18.6 (74th)
- 0.3.4 - Rating: 1775 +316 (89th)
- Fixed a really simple, really dumb gun problem.
- 0.1.2 - Rating: 1459 (356th)
- Initial release (yah it was down there)
Comments, questions, feedback:
Funny thing too, Velshea's last ranking of about 200 to 300 or so was because of a single bug. She is my first "girl" bot in a manner of naming, I hope she can hold a ranking of atleast 1800 with my most recent modification. -- Chase-san
Is me or do my bots like holding positions that are multiples of 25? Tyrra is about 50(it moves between 50 and 51), Velshea is holding around 75th and Beowulf is at 225. I guess I need to make Beowulf good enough to take the 100th place. The hard part is getting one for 25th. -- Chase-san
Rank 0 would be hard too :P --Krabb
I am working on a new version now, version 1.0.0, This version will be bot a melee and 1on1. I won't say anymore until I actually get to work on it. Though this may take awhile as i'm experiencing WaveSuffering. -- Chase-san
Can anyone else figure out why this gun is so slow? I have rebuilt it a few times now and I can't figure out why its so very slow. You can find it at: http://jad.tfsnewworld.com/bots/chase.v1.VelGun_1.0.jar Its currently just a normal unsegmented gf gun, but its massively slow, and I have no clue why. --Chase-san
You aren't removing waves when they hit, so by the end of the round you have 500 waves or more in the air, each of which is registering a hit every turn. --David Alves
- I had never used custom events until I redesigned my event handling, and I needed something to trigger the processing of all events in the queue. I register it at the start of the first turn and never unregister it. Since the bot is spawned anew with each round, I never have more than one. -- Martin
OH Whoa, no wonder its slow, i'm glad custom events don't transfer between rounds. Thanks! Its always the small things. --Chase-san