After getting sick of Waylander's poor PL score, I decided to write a GF gun. It's been sitting around gathering dust for a while now, and didn't take much work to improve after my recent DynamicClustering experience.
What's special about it?
Lets see where it's ranked first, ok?
Great, I want to try it. Where can I download it?
How competitive is it?
I'm hoping big =)
How does it move?
StopAndGo, which switches to RandomMovement if it loses in the first 3 rounds.
How does it fire?
A simple GF gun, with segments roughly based on Aristocles
It does StopAndGo
to fool HOT, LT and CT. If it loses in the first 3 rounds it switches to RandomMovement
, in an attempt to fool all the GF bots and pattern matchers out there.
How does the melee strategy differ from one-on-one strategy?
This is a purely 1v1 bot.
What does it save between rounds and matches?
Between rounds it saves the VCS array and whether to use StopAndGo
, between matches nothing. Due to both codesize and filesize restaints.
Where did you get the name?
According to David Gemmel, Connavar was the king of the Rigante. He was also known as Demonblade because of his skill with the sword.
Can I use your code?
Under the following terms:
- You ask me first (if I don't reply within a week, go ahead and use it).
- Your bot MUST be OpenSource.
- You give credit in your code, and in any documentation of your bot.
- Pleeaase don't just take my bot, tweak it and release it under another name. Rather tell me about the changes, and I'll give you credit. =)
What's next for your robot?
Variable firepower, using last direction for waves if velocity is 0
I hope not...
What other robot(s) is it based on?
- oh yeah, the gun was originally based off of Falcon
Comments, questions, feedback: