- 2005 01 01 - version 0.11
- Much of this version is due to Jamougha's ideas:
- Squeezed the segmentation code after seeing one of his posts on the Aristocles page and realizing my implementation was still too fat.
- Implemented a variant of the MusashiTrick in the same way as in RaikoMicro: revert to flat movement if GalbaMicro dies in the first 5 rounds.
- Also added close-range conditional firepower, and it now handles all battlefield sizes.
- 2004 12 30 - version 0.10
- Starting from GalbaMini, I squeezed a simplified GuessFactor gun and random orbit movement into a micro.
- Segments on distance and speed.
- Fires equally weighted waves every tick.
- Result: 1666 in general; 1717 in micro
What's special about it?
It's a MicroBot
. This is also the first bot page to use the new template with the "Extends" heading. :)
Great, I want to try it. Where can I download it?
How competitive is it?
How does it move?
It reverses when Math.random() is less than some function of the distance to its opponent.
How does it fire?
How does the melee strategy differ from one-on-one strategy?
It looks more stupid in melee.
How does it select a target to attack/avoid in melee?
Probably whatever it sees.
What does it save between rounds and matches?
Between rounds: targeting data. Between matches: nothing.
Where did you get the name?
Can I use your code?
Go ahead, as long as you don't mind the messy style.
What's next for your robot?
Squeeze and clean up the code, so I can add more segments to its gun. As for movement, that can always be improved.
What other robot(s) is it based on?
Comments, questions, feedback: