, by PEZ.
- December 17 2003 - Version 0.9.1 released
- Tweaked movement. No testing at all so it could be much worse than before. =)
- December 13 2003 - Version 0.9 released
- This is a Swiffer with just one movement mode; what was originally Tityus' movement.
- I tired of hunting bugs in the old gunning system so it is Swiffer's gun for me a while now.
- The movement still has some bugs I need iron out. You can see it often getting stuck along the walls near corners. Making it an easy target for bots segmenting on this.
- December 7 2003 - Version 0.5 released
- I just can't find what's wrong. But something is wrong. Gloomy can't hit its enemies. Releasing it just to get a new reference ranking. -- PEZ
- November 17 2003 - Version 0.5g released
- "g" stands for "gamma" and is there because something is seriously wrong with this robot. I suspect it's the targeting, but I can't find the bug. I'm entering it to get some motivation to fix it. I don't think I can stand a rank #100 for GD for very long. =) -- PEZ
- November 3 2003 - Version 0.4 released
- November 2 2003 - Version 0.4 about to be released
- Jim told me he had noticed that Marshmallow's movement is pretty flat viewed from Jekyl's and FloodMini's perspective. The irony of this is huge since it was the movement I deserted when locking myself into the MovementLaboratory for several months. I decided to try Marshmallow's movement in Gloomy. I actually had to decompile Marshmallow for this since my CVS repository didn't have the released code of M 1.9. I can't get it to create the same profile as with M 1.9 though, which is strange, but it's still better than the current Gloomy movement.
- There's a lot of experimental code in this version, and my hopes is that some of the concepts I try out will prove themselves in real combat.
- October 3 2003 - Version 0.3 released
- Jim has handed me some findings of his that breathes more hope into my movement experiments. This version is totally untested, but it has an interesting movement profile.
- Also it does a VertiLeach and tries to fixate the fighting distance and keeps it's segmentation small.
- September 23 2003 - Version 0.2 released
- Tweaked movement
- Some bug fixes in strategy code
- September 19 2003 - First test version (0.1) released
What's special about it?
- It's Gloomy and it's Dark
Great, I want to try it. Where can I download it?
How competitive is it?
Let the RoboRumble@Home tell that story:
- [Current ranking] - [Details]
How does it move?
Random lateral movement. Trying to smooth somewhat along the walls.
How does it fire?
A segmented GuessFactorTargeting gun.
How does it dodge bullets?
No dodging here. Just moving as randomly as I know how to.
How does the melee strategy differ from one-on-one strategy?
This bot doesn't know about Melee battles.
What does it save between rounds and matches?
A CribSheet of the best guess factor in each segment bucket. Each enemy file is only 112 bytes. Here's the CribSheet for Quest 0.10:
Where did you get the name?
iiley gave me the name when I asked for it.
Can I use your code?
Sure, it's in the bot jar file. Use it under the terms of the RWPCL.
What's next for your robot?
Does it have any WhiteWhales?
What other robot(s) is it based on?
Comments, questions, feedback: