Grinnik is a pure OneOnOne bot with a micro GF-gun and StopNGo and oscillator movement. It is the successor of Gruweltje that still did reasonable for a meleebot.
- 0.7 (20071125) size 726 without colors
- Microrating: 1882 (9th), PL: 173-25 (22nd)
- Megarating: 1735 (147th)
- simplified acceleration segment (only time-since, no more acc and decell)
- added velocity and distance segments
- 0.6 (20070730) size 748 without colors
- Microrating: 1882 (9th), PL: 175-21 (19th) Note: a lot of drift and new top-micro's
- Megarating: 1730 (153rd)
- back to 0.4 movement (GrauwuarG is close-range fighter, Grinnik is not)
- only switch to double oscillator movement if it dies within 5 rounds
- 0.5 (20070725) size 748 without colors
- Microrating: 1881 (5th), PL: 161-16 (15th)
- Megarating: 1722 (148th)
- make movement a bit distance-dependent (GrauwuarG study)
- also use tickwaves
- 0.4 (20070328) size 749 without colors
- Microrating: 1900 (3rd), PL: 150-14 (10th)
- Megarating: 1748 (113th)
- fix occasional freeze
- segment gun on acceleration (a la GresSuffurd)
- change type of StopAndGo for codesize reasons
- 0.3 (20070320) size 728 with colors
- Microrating: 1815 (13th), PL: 137-27 (16th)
- Megarating: 1683 (166th)
- fire fullpower bullets at close range
- even less dive-in protection (60 -> 82 degrees)
- 0.2 (20070309) size 748
- Microrating: 1795 (17th), PL: 134-30 (19th)
- Megarating: 1676 (175th)
- small bugfix onBulletHit?()
- much less dive-in protection (36 -> 60 degrees), so less stuck in corners
- 0.1 (20070303)
- Microrating: 1747 (24th), PL: 124-41 (24th)
- Megarating: 1648 (202nd)
- unsegmented GF-gun
- StopNGo and oscillator movement
What's special about it?
It does have some rudimentary distance-dependent dive-in protection.
Great, I want to try it. Where can I download it?
How competitive is it?
It is better than Gruweltje, now it is even third with a ranking of 1900.
How does it move?
It starts with StopAndGo, but when it gets killed it switches to a double oscillator movement.
It tries to stay at a preferred distance and features a rudimentary distance-dependent dive-in protection.
How does it fire?
standard micro GuessFactorTargeting gun (a la Aristocles), segmented on acceleration, velocity and distance.
What does it save between rounds and matches?
Between rounds the movement mode and the GuessFactor data.
Between matches a microbot can not save data if it also has to move and fire.
Where did you get the name?
Grinnik is something between smiling and laughing out loud. Just watch it and you'll see what I mean ;-). Ofcourse it also starts with 'GR' like all my bots.
Can I use your code?
It's in the jar, under the RWPCL.
What's next for your robot?
add some more segmentation to the gun
some anti-ram behaviour like firing 3.0 at close range
chasing an obscure bug causing it to freeze once per 100 rounds
trying to shrink another 8 bytes for better movementtype selection (switch only if killed in first few rounds)
- trying to shrink another 4 bytes to record correct bin to gunangle
No, beating others is not important, ranking higher is.
What other robot(s) is it based on?
The MicroWave? and wallsmoothing is based upon Aristocles. Although the gun is taken from GresSuffurd and the movement from Gruweltje, it can hardly be recognized as such due to the measures to make it fit in a micro.
The StopAndGo movement of 0.4 and up behaves much more like Ares than GrubbmGrb due to codesize.
Comments, questions, feedback:
Hoped for rank 5, got rank 3, an unexpected but very satisfying result. It even outranks my best mini, although Gruwel
is more focussed on melee. -- GrubbmGait
It looks to me like Grinnik learns really slowly...<checks source code> no wonder, you aren't adding a wave every tick. It shouldn't make you lose points, because MicroBots don't generally react to EnemyFire?. -- Skilgannon
I thought that a lot of micro's and nano's were using some kind of oscillator based on enemy energy. I think I will try it out though, together with a small movement-adaption, so be warned: I might get second in micro instead of you! -- GrubbmGait
I accidently broke Decado's StopAndGo last release (only moving 40 instead of 48), and comparing with my last version I see I lost a lot of points against HOT and LT/CT bots. I've also fixed my wall bouncing, and it compiles to 749 exactly. So we'll see who beats RaikoMicro first ;-) -- Skilgannon
Version 0.7 is no improvement, either the accell/decell has more importance than I thought, or the distance and velocity segments have much less importance than I thought. Let's chase Jen and RaikoMicro, as Skilgannon's bots are out of reach by now. -- GrubbmGait