, tell us a little ībout it... -- Axe
Hyperion is my first try to design a really competitive robot. Its a MegaBot designed for one-on-one using VirtualGuns and a rather simple movement (for now).
(newest entry on top)
- version 0.8 (March 20 2005) - rating: 1903
- basicly a release of the development version of Hyperion, with a lot of code changes made during the development of Ascendant
- updated targeting, uses the same as Ascendant (again)
- version 0.7.3 (May 25 2004) - rating: 1831 (dropped to 1810)
- included wall segmentation in GuessFactorTargeting
- removed HeadOnTargeting (in theory there should be always another gun thats better against a specific opponent)
- really minor movement change
- tuned the fire power selection a bit (not sure if the new one is better though)
- version 0.7.2 (May 22 2004) - rating: 1793
- version 0.7.1 (May 12 2004) - rating: 1771
- changed movement a bit to deal with some of its lower ranked problem bots
- improved gun management (made targeting faster)
- increased accuracy of GuessFactorTargeting
- version 0.7 (May 07 2004) - rating: 1726
How does it move?
It randomly picks a position on the battlefield that has roughly the same distance to the opponent as the current position, and will not require the bot to pass its opponent to reach it (meaning it is on the same side of the opponent
as the current position). Then it moves towards that position and after a random number of ticks a new position is selected.
How does it fire?
It uses a virtual gun array, containing a well tuned guess factor gun and a very fast learning gun.
There is a chance that a new position is selected, when a bullet is detected.
How does the melee strategy differ from one-on-one strategy?
Its an one-on-one bot. Never tested melee, so its probably throwing exceptions at that.
What does it save between rounds and matches?
It saves nothing between battles. Between rounds targeting information is stored.
Where did you get the name?
Hm, it was the first that came to my mind and was not in use already. Might have something to do with the astronomy book i read back then (Hyperion is a moon of Saturn).
Can I use your code?
Not at the moment. I will eventually release the source code (though some cleaning up might be required first).
What's next for your robot?
- maybe tune the movement (but no change to wave surfing)
What other robot(s) is it based on?
Its not based on other robots/code in particular. I used some ideas from the wiki, the most important probably being VirtualGuns, GuessFactorTargeting and how to implement PatternMatching.
Where can I get it?
comments, suggestions, questions:
Stealing your version history format :) -- Pulsar
HALLO MUE. Endlich bin ich nicht mehr der einzige deutsche robocoder in der rumble :D --deathcon
Jo, sieht ganz so aus. Dann auch mal 'Hallo' von mir :-) -- Mue