My name is Bart <Loki
> van Hest. You can contact me via bvanhest /at/ freemail.nl.
I started out learning Java and ended up a Robocode addict. Unfortunately I have not much spare time to spent :(
Combining my interest in Norse mythology and robocode, I named my robots after the Asgard gods and their giant, dwarf and other opponents.
Author of (in order of creation):
- the mini's: mini.Fenrir, Zeo Balder, miniWodan and miniFreya
- the nano's/Norns?: Skuld, Urd and Verdandi and a new nano Friga.
- Svadilfari, a perceptual microbot
- Fenrir, the terrible wolf that one day will be responsible for the destruction of the (robocode) world...
- Hodur, the blind god. It's a 'fun' robot just to see how much information can be obtained about the enemy without using a radar...
- Jormungand, the World Snake. My first bot featuring a GuessFactorTargeting gun, thanks to Kawigi's tutorial.
- Wodan ... and still under development ... Maybe it will become my first WaveSurfer
- miniWodan, my first robot with GF-targetting.
- Mjolnir, a rambot.
- Freya, my first bot optimised for Melee, using MinimumRiskMovement and a GF-gun.
- Friga, a test in developing an anti-WaveSurfer gun based on GF-targetting (consumed to much computer power with dissapointing results. Using PM-targetting works better). Now evolved into a melee-bot.
- Wolwa, my first experiment at WaveSurfing. Restarted work on this bot.
- Valkiries, my first team.
- RomanArmy?. I don't know if it will be an effective team, but when it is not, at least it will be fun to watch. May be i will enter it as a fun-bot.
- Ravens, my entry for the TwinDuel-competion will be a team of the two ravens of Wodan (Odin), called Hugin and Munin.
Freya was fighting in "challenge" mode (movement, no firing) again and tumbled down the melee rankings. I will run some battles to help her regain the los ground... --Loki