- June 14 2003 - Mako 1.5 makes a Marshmallow-like dive of 20 positions on the EternalRumble!
- I really thought it would do much better. Must be some ugly bug in there and with rozu absent during the critical days I guess it went unnoticed. If someone observes Mako misbehaving, please let me know so I can fis this.
- Because now I only have one bot ahead of Crippa, cant have that!!!
- 1.5 - A new movement again. It's a straight port from Marshmallow, but somehow it gets better inside Mako. I just have to figure out why now!
- 1.4.3 - More segments for VirtualGuns statistics (seems to lower Makos' hitrate). A tiny movement tweak (seems to make Makos' enemies hit it less). The end result I think is a stronger bot. The difference from 1.4.1 is big when it comes to code structure. I have started a huge Refactoring? of this bot. -- PEZ
- 1.4.1 - Tweaked the movement a little.
- 1.4 - A new movement again. The 1.3 version didn't quite cut it.
- 1.3.1 - A new experimental movement. It flattens the movement curve better than any other movement I've created. See /MovementProfiles. But seems to have problems with PatternMatching aim like Trons. (This movement was secret at first but now I can let you know that it was ChaoticMovement.)
- 1.2.5 - Lots of bugs fixed. Persistant storage of enemy data. Experimental change in movement.
- 1.2 - VirtualGuns added.
What's special about it?
At the moment I think the movement makes it's special.
Where can I download it from?
How does it move?
It's following the strategy of giving the enemy as few clues as possible as to where it will go next. The tactics is to try flatten the movement curve. The technique is RandomMovement
. The Mako/Movement
page might tell a longer story some day.
How does it fire?
It doesn't actively dodge bullets. It moves along the same strategy regardless if the enemy is firing or not.
How does the melee strategy differ from one-on-one strategy?
This is strictly a OneOnOne
What does it save between rounds and matches?
Between rounds it saves it's VirtualGuns
factors and factors for it's two aiming methods. Between matches it saves nothing at the moment. (I'm pretty sure it should be an immediate improvement saving those factors persistently.)
Where did you get the name?
Mako is a mid sized shark. Possibly the fastest under water swimmer on earth. Highly effective as a predator and hasn't evolved for lots and lots of years. It's an ancient animal even for being a shark. http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shark
Can I use your code?
Not at the moment. I will eventually release the code for all my bots, but not while I am still competing. I'm more than happy to share ideas though.
What's next for your robot?
Dunno really. This bot is my test bed for ideas and stuff.
What other robot(s) is it based on?
(surprise!). Well, only some BotMath
type of code really. Mako is the "farming team" of Marshmallow.
I also use Paul Evans' rolling averages function. Thank you Paul for sharing it! -- PEZ
Please ask questions about and/or comment Mako