- 0.6 rated 158 mega (146 PL), 62 mini (51 PL), 36 micro (25 PL).
- Back to following bullets.
- 0.5 (will hopefully beat GrubbmThree again) rated 173 mega, 75 mini, 43 micro.
- Moving towards center is valued greater.
- Moving head on grows exponentially more important as distance increases.
- New energy management.
- 0.4: ranked 185 mega, 78 mini, 46 micro (whatever I do makes it worse :P).
- Bugfix and a lot of tweaking...
- 0.3: failed because of a serious bug...
- Improved energy management.
- Now tries to move towards robot collision point instead of bullet collision point.
- Small radar change.
- Added victory dance.
- 0.2: ranked 170 mega, 72 mini, 41 micro (no real improvement)
- Energy management is more conservative.
- Moving towards the predicted position is now valued about 3 times greater.
- Small gun change.
- 0.1: ranked 172 mega, 73 mini, 41 micro.
What's special about it?
It is a MicroBot
with a form of MinimumRiskMovement
, but it's a non-melee bot. In fact, it's a RamBot
Great, I want to try it. Where can I download it?
How competitive is it?
It is currently the highest rated rammer in both the rumble and the RambotChallenge2K6
How does it move?
It generates points in a circle around it and evaluates them on moving towards the other robot's real position depending on distance (the closer to the enemy the more it goes by the predicted position), moving towards the other robot's predicted position (where it shoots), and the center (so it corners the enemy). It then moves towards the position it thinks is the best.
How does it fire?
It uses iterative CircularTargeting
By running into them :).
How does the melee strategy differ from one-on-one strategy?
A ram bot in melee?
What does it save between rounds and matches?
Where did you get the name?
It goes anywhere but the least risky position.
Can I use your code?
Sure, if you give credit.
What's next for your robot?
Staying the best rambot.
What other robot(s) is it based on?
Parts of it are similar to GrubbmThree
Comments, questions, feedback:
Nice job on this thing. It really rocked Dookious (-40 PBI!), and I will be re-examining my anti-rammer stuff because of MaxRisk. (It's less of a priority since you remove it from the Rumble, though. =) ) -- Voidious
Why should you remove it? You use a slightly different CircularTargeting and a completely different movement, so it is unique enough to exist on its own. The behaviour seems the same as GrubbmThree, but what else do you expect from a rambot. -- GrubbmGait
Good point... Better look at your anti-ramming code again Voidious, MaxRisk is coming back to the rumble :).
Hehe, it's already there in 0.79 ;) I did mess up on the anti-rammer wall stick length (made it same as normal, gah), but he should win, at least. -- Voidious
Oh well. Rammers aren't really that competitive, but they're a lot of fun. And not many robots can get 47% vs. Shadow :). -- Kev
Whoooh, I don't know what you did, but I never expected a rambot to rate 30 points above NanoDeath. Congratulations, you will be the King of Ram for the next few months. -- GrubbmGait