What should Robocode2
fix from RC1?
- It should be possible to automate team battles. (They can't currently be run by roboleague)
- Robocode2 should run on multiprocessor systems.
- FiringAssistance should be removed for robots that extend AdvancedRobot. It was only supposed to be there for bots which extend Robot...
- Better anti-aliasing of graphics. I'm working on this now, using vectors instead of bitmaps for the base bot image so that they can be rotated cleanly.
- /ShouldWeRaiseBulletDamageForLowPowerShots - Tad says yes, Dave says no. Add your opinion. :-)
- Evil Teleport bug? no thanks.
- The API says that GetRoundNum() returns (1 to getNumRounds?()) but it actually starts from 0
- Simple GUI fixes:
- The Pause/Stop? bar should remember where it was last placed so you won't have to move it every time you start Robocode
- And there should be a (Re-)Start Battle button
- Robot Editor:
- A Compile! button (or a shortcut key) so you don't have to enter the menu quite as often
- A "Window" menu in the editor would make it easier to switch between java files
- Sometimes the menus collapse immediately after they are clicked, which is very annoying
- Two words: undo.
- Just make the whole thing an eclipse plugin and run it with SWT. Then you have a Robocode2 will be a game add-on for your editor =^> -- jim
- I'd avoid that. Although eclipse is a great program (i prefer netbeans but hey...) i reckon its just a little too hardcore for anyone who hasn't really programmed before. I know when i first started with robocode i used the inbuilt editor for ages... --Brainfade
- If the program could 'automatically' setup with popular IDEs, that would be quite amazing, buts thats more of a 'toy' rather than something necessary -- SirNuke
What is FiringAssistance
? -- PEZ
Said. - Insectoid
Quoted from RC discussion board:
- This is a new bug, thanks for finding it. The problem is that "fire assistance" takes effect for AdvancedRobots? as well as Robots. See the docs for onScannedRobot for details of how this works. Essentially, if your radar and gun are aligned, and they were aligned the last tick, then you'll fire directly at the center of the enemy robot.
So I guess you need to make sure your radar and gun are never aligned for more than one tick. -- JHH