Teancum is simply a different direction I could have gone from FloodMicro
. I didn't feel like calling it FloodMiniPM?
, so I named it Teancum, after a general recorded in the Book of Mormon (wonder how many bots there are out there with such a name...)
- V. 1.0 - original version
- V. 1.1 - I fixed a wall-avoidance bug that just baffled me and I decided to ignore it until Rozu pointed out what's wrong. Since this was the fourth or fifth robot I put this code into, it was a significant fix (had to upload new versions of a bunch of bots...)
- Opened the EternalRumble at #39, 3 spots behind FloodMini. I was surprised to see him so close, actually, and I expected FloodMini to open a lot higher. It had trouble with some of the same opponents as FloodMini, but somehow managed to mercilessly trash Fermat and DuelistMini, which I didn't expect (at least with the second). It also beat the new Mako (v. 1.4.3) pretty harshly, which I don't think FloodMini did).
- Opened the MiniBot challenge at 22nd place. In doing this it managed to not get completely humiliated by anyone, but it managed to narrowly beat HumblePieLite and Cigaret.
- V. 1.2 - I tweaked around with the movement and put in the gun that resulted from the PatternMatcherChallenge.
- Seemed to fall in general with this release. May revert the movement...
- V. 1.3 - The MiniBot Final version. Basically put back the FloodMovement, and re-tweaked it with some more Strategy elements and some little tuning things I took out before. Hope it does ok! Might be slower than previous versions by a bit.
- Back up 26 spots (which is really 35 or 40, considering all the new bots above it) to 60th.
What's special about it?
It features the Flood/HT movement with an angular pattern-matcher I've been wanting to try out. He also may be the only MiniBot
that features custom data compression for saving (this gun was smaller than my stat gun by a bit, so I could do that, as well as add back in some movement functionality that FloodMicro
, and GouldingiHT
Great, I want to try it. Where can I download it?
How competitive is it?
Not sure yet, I don't think it's as competitive in general as FloodMini
, but it likely does better against certain movements than FloodMini
How does it move?
It uses SandboxFlattener
movement. See FloodMicro
. Although it is fundamentally more in between FloodMicro
, but the only big difference is that the DynamicDistancing
How does it fire?
It pattern-matches and projects movement based on LateralVelocity
. It also linearly interpolates when it misses scans.
Its movement is meant to make GuessFactorTargeting
less effective by changing direction and speed randomly when bullets are fired at it.
How does the melee strategy differ from one-on-one strategy?
It doesn't, except that getting really confused is not part of its OneOnOne
movement. Since it matches patterns, it may not get as confused firing as other current Flood-series bots.
How does it select a target to attack/avoid in melee?
It sees it I suppose.
What does it save between rounds and matches?
It saves the last 5000 observed movements in a minimized fashion and also its DynamicDistancing
factors (can anyone tell I take movement quite seriously?)
Where did you get the name?
When Teancum's people were drawn into war by a hostile civilization, Teancum was one of the leading generals for his people. He blamed the war primarily on an influential man named Amalakiah, who he killed in his sleep so stealthily that he couldn't be caught running back to his army's camp. This stopped the war temporarily, and when the war continued, Teancum tried again to sneak into the enemy camp, this time to kill Amalakiah's brother, Ammoron, who he blamed for continuing hostilities between their people. He was successful, but woke up some others in doing this, and was killed by his opposing army.
I didn't like the name "FloodMinisEvilTwin?" or "FloodMiniWithAPatternMatcher?", so I took a name of a historical warrior.
Can I use your code?
Sure, if you want.
What's next for your robot?
Not really sure at the moment. Maybe tweak it around a little bit, and eventually put its gun into FloodHT
Not that I've identified. There are some robots that it can't beat that FloodMini
can, and it also outperforms FloodMini
on some other opponents.
What other robot(s) is it based on?
, and a test bot simply called "AngularPattern?
". It is properly another Flood-series robot.
Comments, questions, feedback: