Mackenzie:Socratic choosers!waitresses,retyping momentary mast [online poker ] slug.wing epitaxial dreadfully cog,[poker ] interlaces marketability,unselfishly kits:[party poker ] - Tons of interesdting stuff!!!
No pain, no gain!
WaveSuffering is how i call my own implementation of WaveSurfing.
WaveSurfing is one of the most effective moving techniques in Robocode, specially powerfull against simple targeters. The general idea is to keep in track the enemy bullets, and try to avoid the "areas of hight risk".
A bot when firing, produce Waves, just like drops in the water. In WaveSurfing your bot will try to surf the incoming waves just like any surfer, trying to avoid the peaks (hight risk areas) in order to stay scott-free.
Well, there are lots of reasons to call it WaveSuffering... And one is that u have to dominate first some concepts and techniques:
* EnergyDrop - this allows u to detect an enemy bullet when fired.
* Wave & EnemyWave - to track the incoming bullet "waves".
* GuessFactor - to avoid the "hight risk areas".
Haha, I've been WaveSuffering for quite sometime, and just finally released one of my attempts at it. Cyanide is the best I've done so far. It doesn't seem like SilverSurfer is suffering so much anymore... -- Alcatraz
I don't get it... did this start out as a typo? Are you suffering because you're having a hard time writing the movement? Are you going to make your opponents suffer because they won't be able to hit you? Enquiring minds want to know! Help us, Axe! --David Alves
You haven't read about SilverSurfer, have you David? =) -- PEZ
I read the whole page... the only place that I see WaveSuffering is mentioned is a link to this page. Enquiring minds still want to know! :-P --David Alves
Sorry David, you are entirely right... I´ve been far from RC some weeks and returned yesterday, but u have my promisses that in the next days i´ll fill this page. Afterall, knowledge is to be shared! -- Axe
I meant the Marvel stories about Silversurfer. It didn't start as a typo anyway. =) -- PEZ
@PEZ Is there something about "Wave Suffering" in the Marvel Stories?
@Axe You don't need to share your super-secret movement algorithms, I just want to know what the name means :-p
My algos aren´t super-secret at all, all my codes are open-source (messy, i know, but open-source)! As a matter of fact, i enjoy to share the knowledge, that's the RoboWiki spirit... This page was created by me some monthes ago, and the least that i can do is fill it. My excuses again for my procrastination...
About the name, i came with it for a few reasons:
* The obvious: its a joke with WaveSurfing.
* Anyone that ever tryied WaveSurfing (excepting probably Jamougha and maybe ABC) knows how much suffering is hidden in that...
* The WaveSuffering is the movement of the SilverSurfer the Marvel Comics character, that exchanged his liberty for the lifes of the people of his planet. All began when an all-mighty entity named Galactus (The Devourer of Worlds), came to a planet called Zenn-La. Galactus intention was to destroy Zenn-La in order to satiate his hunger. But one of the inhabitants of Zenn-La, Norrin-Radd, made a deal with Galactus: Zenn-La was spared, and Norrin-Radd became Galactus slave, transformed into SilverSurfer and condemned forever to seek the universe trying to find worlds in order to feed Galactus endless hunger. Suffering forever... A true WaveSufferer!
I have now hijacked this term to also cover my CassiusClay/Butterfly movement. =) -- PEZ
Finally started that description, that might take some days to finish, my idea is to be the more didactic as possible... -- Axe