What's special about it?
It's a wavesurfing minibot. AFAIK, it is the only WaveSurfing
minibot to have double-buffered stats =)
Great, I want to try it. Where can I download it?
How competitive is it?
It beats Komarious, which is good enough for me =)
How does it move?
A fairly simple WaveSurfing
, based off of BasicSurfer
, segmented on LateralVelocity
, distance, and forward-wall proximity. It also has an unsegmented buffer to help avoid all those simple guns.
How does it fire?
The gun was ripped out of Waylander, and then completely restructured. The changes will be merged back into Waylander at a later date.
How does the melee strategy differ from one-on-one strategy?
Don't try running this on a field not 800x600, it will freeze if it gets placed outside of this area! But besides that, there is no difference ;-)
How does it select a target to attack/avoid in melee?
the first one it sees
What does it save between rounds and matches?
Between rounds, GuessFactor
data for movement and pattern data for gun; nothing between matches
Where did you get the name?
Cunobelin was a Celtic king, and a semi-fictional novel was written on him by David Gemmell. It is believed that many of the stories of King Arthur are based off of Cunobelin's exploits, and in the novel he wields a Sword of Power, based off of the legends of Excalibur.
Can I use your code?
Under the following terms:
- Your bot MUST be OpenSource.
- You give credit in your code, and in any documentation of your bot.
- Pleeaase don't just take my bot, tweak it and release it under another name. Rather tell me about the changes, and I'll give you credit. =)
What's next for your robot?
Um...surfing multiple waves (if I can fit it), precise bot-widths (if I can fit it), I'll think of something if I can free up the codesize. I'm at 1498 at the moment, after adding the precise energy tracking that I had forgotten earlier, and a lot of shrinking.
Let's see =)
What other robot(s) is it based on?
- Waylander - the gun is functionally equivalent, and if I were to inline it the code would be exactly the same.
- BasicSurfer - Thanks Voidious for putting this out there for us to work off of! Although very little of the original code remains (almost everything has either been shrunk or expanded upon), the structure of a bug-free surfer to work off of is a godsend!
- I saw a cool way of using the Raiko-style BackAsFront (cos and tan) with INFINITY (so that it doesn't slow down around corners) a long time ago....I'm not sure where....if it's yours give me a yell =)
Comments, questions, feedback:
I'd forgotten until now to check where this ended up - nice work! -- Voidious
Thanks! Unfortunately there was no room to put GoTo? surfing.... but I now have a list of bots that I need to test the next version against! Watch this space! -- Skilgannon