* version 0.7.3 (May 25 2004) - rating: 1831|
* version 0.8 (March 20 2005) - rating: 1903|
** basicly a release of the development version of Hyperion, with a lot of code changes made during the development of Ascendant
** updated targeting, uses the same as Ascendant (again)
* version 0.7.3 (May 25 2004) - rating: 1831 (dropped to 1810)
It uses a virtual gun array, containing averaging LinearTargeting, GuessFactorTargeting, PatternMatching and another statistical gun i dont know the name for.|
It uses a virtual gun array, containing a well tuned guess factor gun and a very fast learning gun.|
* change movement, i get the feeling that this is the limiting component of the bot right now|
* deal with walls in the statistical guns
* improve PatternMatching (it only records the absolute movement currently)
* add some other targeting methods as i think of them
* maybe tune the movement (but no change to wave surfing)|
It randomly picks a position on the battlefield that has roughly the same distance to the opponent as the current position, and will not require the bot to pass its opponent to reach it (meaning it is on the same side of the opponent as the current position). Then it moves towards that position and after a random number of ticks a new position is selected.
It uses a virtual gun array, containing a well tuned guess factor gun and a very fast learning gun.
There is a chance that a new position is selected, when a bullet is detected.
Its an one-on-one bot. Never tested melee, so its probably throwing exceptions at that.
It saves nothing between battles. Between rounds targeting information is stored.
Hm, it was the first that came to my mind and was not in use already. Might have something to do with the astronomy book i read back then (Hyperion is a moon of Saturn).
Not at the moment. I will eventually release the source code (though some cleaning up might be required first).
Stealing your version history format :) -- Pulsar
HALLO MUE. Endlich bin ich nicht mehr der einzige deutsche robocoder in der rumble :D --deathcon
Jo, sieht ganz so aus. Dann auch mal 'Hallo' von mir :-) -- Mue