What's special about it?
Well, it's my first (and currently only) StopAndGo
Great, I want to try it. Where can I download it?
How competitive is it?
At the time of writing (well, typing) this update, for 1v1 Rumble: 413 for General, in mini 179, in micro, 109.
How does it move?
How does it fire?
dodges bullets...for LT/CT that is. I'll have to shrink codesize if I'm going to add MusashiTrick
How does the melee strategy differ from one-on-one strategy?
What does it save between rounds and matches?
Where did you get the name?
Well, it seems logical for a StopAndGo
bot to 'evade' bullets...or at least try to
Can I use your code?
Sure, but only the code for version 1.0 was released
What's next/the history for your robot?
- Making it micro DONE 8/16/2007 (child's play - all I had to do was comment out the colors...)
- Better wall avoidance DONE 8/17/2007 (added WallSmoothing)
- Sensitivity to Inactivity timer (for fear of 'false bullets') DONE 8/18/2007 (after some MAJOR code shrinking was able to fit it...with 1 spare byte lol)
- Better energy management DONE 8/19/2007 (just removed the circular targeting - with power 3 bullets takes too long)
A rough planning...
- Near future
- 400th place in general rumble
- 100th place for micro rumble
- Middle future
- Distant future
- 300th place in general rumble
- Most likely impossible, but if I can
- Making it nano
- 1st place in micro rumble
- And always, always, trying to shrink the code!
In terms of % score, the worst bot against it is GrubbmGrb
(only 1.2% score...) in General 1v1
What other robot(s) is it based on?
See also Evader/Questions
Comments, questions, feedback:
Hey I'm just wondering - why would your .class file CodeSize be different than for the .jar file? They definitely "should "be the same. Maybe you're using a different compiler for the .jar? Jikes is well known for creating smaller .class files than the Sun Java, in case you didn't know. -- Voidious
- Probably because I included the source - I didn't anymore, as you can see --Starrynte
- No, including the source doesn't affect the CodeSize read by codesize.jar... The filesize sure would be different, but not the CodeSize. -- Voidious
- Oh, I see why. I have some old Evader$EnemyShot?.class in there too. Since I don't use the EnemyShot? class anymore i suppose I can delete that. --Starrynte
- Wait when I use robocode's 'package robot' it adds this weird 'Evader$1.class'. What are the files necessary for the jar for the rumble? Maybe I can jar it manually... -Starrynte
- The $1.class must be an [anonymous inner class], in which case ist is a necessary file. Sorry, I couldn't find a better reference. -- Simonton
- Yep, I deleted the custom event and changed it to just check for it in run(), and now, no anonymous inner class :D, and Evader is once again a micro --Starrynte
Hmmm, got the codesize down to 596 with colors removed, 656 with colors (I set the colors 4 times in Evader to show the stop and go), I wonder how much space a small (working) WallSmoothing would take? --Starrynte (post edited)
- The smallest codesize I've ever come up with has been variations on [PEZ's iterative version]. Couldn't tell you the size off the top of my head, but if you take a look into the source of WeeklongObsession you'll see what I've done. -- Simonton
- As I said in another thread, take a peek at Raiko's source, it has some really tiny wallSmoothing. (again its not a surfer though). --Chase-san
Hmm, when I try to extract the jarfile for Raiko (to see the source) it says it's an "invalid or corrupt jarfile"...i'm using java -jar -xvf jam.mini.Raiko_0.3.jar in the correct directory...But [PEZ's iterative version] seem's to work, so thx. (btw, if you happen to know why Raiko cannot extract, I'll take a look at that too --Starrynte
- nvm, I totally forgot about the 'Extract source of downloaded robot for editing'. --Starrynte
- They are pretty much the same thing, cept Raiko's is pretty much inline. --chase-san
Ok, version 1.2 released with WallSmoothing added, waiting for stable rankings... --Starrynte
What is "sensitivity to inactivity timer"? -- Simonton
- To avoid thinking that the inactivity timer is a 0.1 bullet from the enemy --Starrynte