- 2007 03 28 - version 0.121
- Fixed an ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException?
- 2005 01 09 - version 0.12
- Messed around with wave weightings - real waves are slightly more important.
- Does not fire waves at disabled opponents.
- Added the MusashiTrick.
- Result: 1782 in general; 1840 in mini.
- 2004 12 30 - version 0.11
- Fixed a few minor targeting bugs.
- Improved wall segmentation - accounts for stopped targets.
- Result: 1746 in general; 1775 in mini.
- 2004 12 29 - version 0.10
- Segments on distance, speed, acceleration, wall approach, and time since reverse.
- Fires (roughly) equally weighted waves every tick, although it was unintentional.
- Result: 1750 in general; 1774 in mini.
What's special about it?
Great, I want to try it. Where can I download it?
How competitive is it?
More competitive than my other bots :P
How does it move?
It reverses when Math.random() is less than some function of bullet flight time.
How does it fire?
Heavily segmented GuessFactorTargeting
It hopes its random movement is flat enough.
How does the melee strategy differ from one-on-one strategy?
It's much more confused and throws more exceptions in melee.
How does it select a target to attack/avoid in melee?
Probably whatever it sees first
What does it save between rounds and matches?
Betweeen rounds: targeting data. Between matches: nothing.
Where did you get the name?
Galba was a Roman emperor who ruled from 68 AD to 69 AD. Like many other emperors, his demise was quite violent.
Can I use your code?
Go ahead, but I'm not sure if you would want to.
What's next for your robot?
Flatter movment, better segments. Then, use its gun in a WaveSurfer
What other robot(s) is it based on?
Based on wiki discussions of GuessFactorTargeting
. Inspired by Raiko
, et al.
Comments, questions, feedback:
For a first version it's quite good. Wedged itself in between Fhqwhgads
in the general ranking even. -- PEZ
Thanks, PEZ. Having already released a couple of rather mediocre bots, I didn't want to put this one out until I actually got it to work. :P -- DrZ
The new version 0.121 can not be downloaded from the robocoderepository, seems that no jar-file is attached or something like that. Welcome back after your break! -- GrubbmGait
Thanks. I've uploaded it geocities instead.