Hodurthe blind god
It's just a 'fun' bot, developed to see how much information can be obtained about the enemy without using a radar. (Un)fortunately most info comes from bullet hits... So hit me!
How does it move?
The movement is taken from Fenrir
, but has less information to go on.
How does it fire?
It uses direct and linear aim.
It can't even see it's opponent, let alone dodge bullets.
How does the melee strategy differ from one-on-one strategy?
is difficult enough, please don't let it fight in melee
How does it select a target to attack/avoid in melee ?
It shoots at whoever hits Hodur.
What does it save between rounds and matches?
Where did you get the name?
Well, there's only one blind god among the Asgard panteon...
Where can i get it?
Can I use your code?
Of course, the source is in the package.
What's next for your robot?
- improve it's targetting
- make it a mini
What other robot(s) is it based on?
|Rank||Robot||Score||Survival||Last surv. b.||Bullet dmg.||Bullet dmg. b.||2*Ram dmg.||Ram dmg. b.||#1st||#2nd||#3rd
Hodur never wins, but it manages to get about 10-15% of the bullet score of it's opponent.
Who can do better with a bot that doesn't use its radar (and therefore the ScannedRobotEvent)? If enough other bots are send in, i will start a small league for blind robots.
Why don't you use Droids for this? -- PEZ
- laziness i gues, i just replaced the onScannedRobot by onBulletHit?-method. But i agree, the next version will implement Droid. thanks.-- Loki
- implementing Droid gives an additional bonus: 20 more energy units.-- Loki
Yes, I would use a Droid for it. There are (is a) team(s) that use all Droids (BlindTeam? comes to mind). I might have a go altering Suez to work in Droid form, should be quite easy (removing the onScannedRobot event should be it). -- Tango
- The search-facility at the RobocodeRepository doesn't seem to work at the moment. Have you got the "blindFighters"-team (i think that was the name of that team) on your computer? If so, can you e-mail it to me? thanks, -- Loki
http://www.robocoderepository.com/BotDetail.jsp?id=552 -- ABC
- thanks, downloaded already!
You might check the Poets page too. One of the Poets is a Droid. -- PEZ
There was a discussion about NanoPerceptualDroidRobots? at RobocodeLittleLeague/Feedback (somewhere near the middle of the page) :-) --Dummy
- Hi Dummy, have you checked your e-mail on k.c.li *at* lycos.com? Any interest in starting a Dutch Olympic team, or is your study at the TU Delft to demanding? --Loki
- I haven't received your email :-/, and unfortunately, I'm rather busy studying at the moment :-(. I may join the Robocode Olympics later, when I have more time. --Dummy