If something doesn't work, check if everything is in the right location, and that changed files are saved. If it still doesn't work ask for help. Tell what error you get, if you can run existing RobocodeGLV014
bots, and if you can compile their sources.
- Install GL4Java.
- Download RGL.
- Extract robocode.jar
jar xf robocode.jar
or rename to .zip, extract, and rename back to .jar
- Replace the files in the resulting directory with the ones of RGL. Don't worry about the original ones; they will remain the same in robocode.jar
- Add DemoBotGL? and DuelistMicroGL? (these are very useful examples).
- Keep the API somewhere, and bookmark it (I have the JavaAPI, RoboCodeAPI, RobocodeGLV014 API and Robocode FAQ in a Robocode References folder).
- Copy robocode.bat to robocodegl.bat (Windows) or robocode.sh to robocodegl.sh (Unix), and open it.
- Remove -jar, and change robocode.jar into robocode.robocodeGL.Robocode
- Run it!
- Go to the robot editor, then Compiler > Options > Preferences. Append :gl4java.jar (Unix) or ;gl4java.jar (Windows) to the classpath (for me it works WITHOUT specifying gl4java (even bots that use it))
- Open DemoBotGL?.java.
- Compile it.
- Start a DemoBotGL? vs. SittingDuck battle.
- Congratulations! You have a working RobocodeGLV014 installation!
That is how it worked for me, both on WindowsXP and MacOSX. If you follow the steps closely, you are likely to avoid the trouble I had getting it to work. -- Jonathan