- 2/24/2004 - 7 hours later
- Rating: 1768.5
- Ack another bug, 1.21 was using very low firepower. Fixed now. Last version for a while. Same lousy movement. Enjoy. :-)
- 2/24/2004 - 3 hours later
- Rating: 1740
- Oops, 1.2 had some unused code. Taking it out left me with enough room to choose my firepower better. Also some very minor gun tuning. Same lousy movement.
- Rating: 1767
- Brand new gun, same lousy movement. How high can I push its rating without changing the movement?
- Rating: 1750.24
- Last update to DuelistMicro for a long time. Finally hits SittingDuck, previous versions couldn't hit a target that had never moved.
- Fixed several more bugs, bullets now accurately calculate distance instead of assuming that the enemy distance is the same. Movement also changed to the current one, controlled by a timer instead of moving when getDistanceRemaining?() is low.
- First bot to fit virtual bullets into a microbot! Woohoo! Really buggy.
What's special about it?
It was the first MicroBot to use virtual bullets for targeting.
Great, I want to try it. Where can I download it?
How competitive is it?
Not very. It was the top microbot when it came out, and was briefly the #3 bot overall on the Eternal Rumble. But... that was a long time ago. Now it's either a classic or just old, depends who you ask.
How does it move?
It's only does 1-v-1, so no need for anything fancy in the movement. It has one timer. Each turn, it subtracts one from the timer. When it reaches 0, it picks a new random place on the field to drive to (trying to stay perpendicular to the enemy) and sets the timer to a random number. When you see it staying still on the field, that's because it reached its destination before the timer ran out.
How does it fire?
It doesn't. None of my bots do. They use the same movement vs. SittingDuck as they do vs SandboxDT.
How does the melee strategy differ from one-on-one strategy?
There is no melee strategy. :-P
What does it save between rounds and matches?
Between rounds it saves data on the success rates of virtual bullets. Between matches, nothing.
Where did you get the name?
Duelist (My first good bot) + Micro (Because it's a MicroBot)
Can I use your code?
Sure. Take a look and use whatever you like. Please give me credit if you use any of my code. Also, make a robot that is uniquely yours - not just a slightly modified copy of mine.
What's next for your robot?
It used to be #3 overall, and #1 among micros. I want to get back to that level. :-D
What other robot(s) is it based on?
Comments, questions, feedback:
Marshmallow can't hit this robot at all! It feels truly strange to see DuelistMicro dodge every bullet. I'll have to upgrade my Targeting system quite a few snaps it seems... -- PEZ
Dalek hits DuelistMicro 16.4% in 10k rounds (I get hit 14.0%), so I recommend virtual bullets. Having said that, I wish that my virtual bullets would start working a lot faster than they do. Dalek is not much good at hitting things in 10 rounds. -- Tad
Have you tested the new gun in the TargetingChallenge? I'm both curious and a bit worried. =) -- PEZ
The aim isn't that good but it's certainly better than before. You probably don't need to be worried until 2.0 ;-) --David Alves