How to run the Targeting Challenge:
1) Obtain all the TC bots outlined in /ReferenceBots.
2) Modify the bot you're going to run through the challenge so it complies to the rules of a Challenger on the TargetingChallenge page.
3) For DT 1.91 and Tron 2.01 you'll need to set their properties files to 'challenge' mode. These files are in their data directories under the .robotcache directory.
4) Run 500 rounds against each of the TC bots with your modified gun-only bot, making note of bullet damage scores. Roboleague is highly recommended as it saves alot of work (plus you can post it's html output for reference).
5) To determine the index against each bot, use: (your bullet damage / 50,000) * 100. Average these values for your overall.
6) (optional) Post as per existing posting format in /Results.
Thanks to Kuuran for writing these instructions.
When using RoboLeague. Use it's "division" feature and set your challenger bot as the selected opponent. This will make roboleague run all reference bots against your challanger. It makes for a tidier output and also runs much faster than if it would run all possible pairings. -- PEZ
umm..are you suppoced to make the non dt/tron bots not fire also?--andrew
Yes you are. DL the TargettingChallenge? zip file, it comes with all the bots. It's around here somewhere. Then run the TC version of the bot. -- Alcatraz
You can experience problems with Tron in that package. ABC posted a download link for a true TC version for me when I had that problem. We probably should replace it in the TC-zip.... -- PEZ